Gary our MD has worked for several stairlift companies over the past 18 years including Bison Bede, Acorn and Stannah. He has built them, fixed them, stripped them, installed them, removed them and more than likely dreamed about them! Its fair to say he knows them inside out!
So when Gary decided to bite the bullet and set up his own stairlift company, which brands did he choose to use and why?
Stannah is the most well known brand, in fact, a lot of people call the stairlift a "Stannah" instead of a stairlift, much like I call the vacuum the "Hoover" when in fact this is the brand. Stannah has earned their brand name by manufacturing one of the most long enduring product on the market, their reputation precedes them before a price has been mentioned.
Acorn stairlifts also offer a brilliant product, extremely well made, lighter, easier to install, user friendly and much better on the wallet. Its all down to personal preference.
Have a look at the specifics and images on each and let me know what you think?
Acorn 130 Key Features:
- Comfortable padded seat and backrest which is hard-wearing and gives extra support.
- Simple two direction switch is easy to use.
- Inertia seatbelt fitted as standard provides security and safety to the user.
- The stairlift's seat, arms and footrest fold away neatly when not in use.
- The stairlift seat swivels to allow the user to exit the lift without discomfort.
- Fits directly to your stairs and plugs into a dedicated UK mains electrical socket, so no structural or electrical changes are needed to be made to your staircase or home.
- The stairlift can be safely locked and deactivated with a key.
- Simple digital display shows correct functioning and quickly diagnoses any problems.
- For added safety, the stairlift has five safety sensors on the footrest and carriage that immediately stop the lift at any obstruction on your staircase.
- Two remote controls, with large easy to use buttons, come as standard to call the lift upstairs and downstairs.
Key Features of the Stannah Siena
The Siena stairlift combines fresh, contemporary styling with the best in stairlift engineering. The simple contours along with five classic colour options make the Siena a smart and practical addition to any home. The Siena can be fitted to either our straight or curved rails and folds away neatly to make the best use of space.
The Siena offers:
- Our most popular stairlift, a smart addition to any home
- For both straight and curved rails
- Practical range of vinyl upholsteries
- No bending down with optional automatic footrest fold button
- Available in two seat widths
Decisions, desicions....let us know what you think!